>Ho, ho, ho, my fitness fanatics! I TRUST this holiday season is treating you well.
I’m excited to report the following changes we will have for the 1st quarter of 2011. Any classes not listed below will remain as they are, in terms of time and class format.
- MONDAY morning at Equinox Pasadena –> incorporating a new format
- Our 10:30am class will take on a different format, incorporating “TABATA” training intervals. Basically, these are 20-sec periods of high-intensity effort, followed by 10-sec of recovery, with the goal of completing at least 8 quality repetitions in each interval, for anywhere from 6 to 8 sets of the same exercise.
- This format will allow us to combine non-rhythmic based exercises to our current regime.
- TUESDAY evening at Equinox Pasadena –> adding a new class
- Well, you’ve all asked for it, so you’re getting it!
- 5:30pm – 6:15pm, we will have “TABATA” interval training, focusing on cardio drills
- 6:15pm – 7:00pm, we will have Kettlebell Power; a class format that’s been very well-received in the other clubs where I teach it.
- WEDNESDAY evening at Equino Santa Monica –> change of cycling coach
- Beginning Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, we will be trying a different instructor for you on this time slot. Amy, Eileen, and I all agreed that we wanted to see more of you enjoying that class and coming on a regular basis.
- I will miss coaching you all, and am hoping to be able to do it for you again soon. Please give any feedback you may have to Amy Dixon or Eileen O’Connell so we can all work together in giving you coaching and classes that you want.
- THURSDAY evening at Equinox Woodland Hills –> incorporating a new format
- Our 5:30pm class will be called DIRTY DOZEN, where I’ll be giving you 12 exercises to perform in one big circuit, and your goal is to complete 12 repetitions of each, at the level that’s most suited to you.
- Within 2-3 sets, you will get a full-body workout unlike what you’d get on the gym floor, as we will be selecting movements that will make you feel “very challenged” and close to failure by the 12th repetition.
- FRIDAY evening at Equinox Woodland Hills –> incorporating a new format
- Our 7pm class will incorporate “THREAD”; a version of Stretch and Repair that focuses on a more specific method of giving you active flexibility and increased available range of motion.