October starts in less than 2 weeks, which is the 4th and final Quarter of 2011! Wow, where’d the time go? Life whizzes by so quickly, I’m not sure what Madonna was thinking when she penned “Time goes by … so slowly”
With new seasons come changes for my weekly “fitness tour”. Here are the planned changes in each club, alphabetical order. And by the way, for more info on each of these clubs, just click on the club location, it will link you to the official website.
- we can incorporate different work-rest ratios during our intervals, and
- add in “sculpt” (really, conditioning) exercises that counterbalance the usual movements used in body-weight intervals.
- It’s a good taste of a little bit of everything, while leaving you feeling A LOT OF EVERYTHING the next day
- For me, the goal of the 30-min CoreSynergy is restoring balance and alignment to your core, after the beating it takes from the hour of kettlebell madness!
- Most people also take the CoreSynergy class before the kickboxing class, or on its own, supplementing their own workouts.
- Originally a class taught by Paul Katami, he is moving to an earlier time slot and different format, teaching Abs then Cycling earlier in the evening.
- This class will give you a different take on kettlebells. Our unique styles will have you benefitting from each of our classes.
- Don’t let the class name fool you, this isn’t your usual “sculpting class”. You get cardio exercises that raise your heart rate and train for leg power, alternated with conditioning/sculpt moves that you probably never considered doing.
- ViPR has been quite the hit in both Pasadena and Woodland Hills, offering a similar-yet-different training effect as kettlebells can, when using proper movement application.
- Dirty Dozen is designed thusly: we spend the 1st 30 minutes learning the 12 exercises and the different levels at which they can be done. Then, we spend the 2nd half of the hour executing 2 more sets of each exercise for 12 reps, but this time, using the level you’ve chosen from the 1st half. This seems deceptively easy, IT ISN’T.
- Per usual, my goal in each AbLab/CoreSynergy class is restoring postural alignment and improving core endurance, along with its mobility and stability.
* * *
CLASSES THAT I WILL NO LONGER BE TEACHING
South Bay, I will absolutely MISS teaching our Monday 5pm-7pm classes! Know that I absolutely APPRECIATE those of you who show up to the main studio nearly week after week at exactly 5pm, sometimes filling that room up more than the whole gym, just to get a “microwave” upper body and core workout.
And of course, our cycling … wow, this is probably what pains me the most, because I absolutely enjoy the group that’s been loyally coming week after week. Honestly, it was the commute that had started really wearing on me, particularly because of the traffic I have to endure in both directions.
Additionally, West Hollywood was needing a Kettlebell coach for Monday evenings, and it made sense to make the switch. I’m super confident Aimee will give you a more-than-adequate change in instructors. Please stay in touch, I’ll continue to post cycling programs, in a new, more user-friendly format for you.
And Woodland Hills, our Sunday afternoons are no longer! Those classes have had its share of loyalists, but with seasonal changes, the attendance has simply been hit or miss.
We’ve all decided that family time is usually what gets in the way of Sunday afternoons, so I hope I’ll see all of you in either the Thursday or Friday classes.
* * *
LET’S END ON A GOOD NOTE
Now if you follow me on Twitter or are friends with me on Facebook, you’ve probably seen this kid rockin’ it out to one of my fave songs of the season, in an Apple Store, no less. Don’t ask me about this fad, I have no clue why it’s going on, but needless to say, it’s ridiculously funny, and to me, COURAGEOUS.
Can’t we all just dance like nobody’s watching (even when everyone at the Apple store is? LOL LOL)